Wednesday 18 January 2012

The Tin Ring - A Spatial Design Response

The Tin Ring - Zdenka Fantlova










Inspired by the story of Zdenka Fantlova, I am designing film sets and an exhibition to experience her journey as a Jew in WW2, based on her book The Tin Ring. Adopting a unique perspective is, the story focuses on her strength and hope as apposed to the horrifying conditions in which they were forced to endure. The sets symbolise this, concentrating on material, scale, form and light to develop evocative and emotional spaces. Investigating derelict and forgotten environments has inspired this process and allowed me to compare this to the concept with its relevance to people today. By working with Zdenka, the thesis aims to create a powerful spatial experience through film set and exhibition design, allowing people today to live and learn through her journey and encourage them positively in their own lives.





Site Analysing allowed me to investigate textures, colours, materials, light and weather affects. All of which would influence my design development.



Furthering this would be Zdenka's story and how I interpreted this from a spatial design angle. Concentrating on different themes I felt were intriguing and thought-provoking, I developed six sets based on these ideas. Ultimately this was to create a powerful experiential design.

Concept Development through narrative.


Experience a deeper understanding of the project on my website.






No comments:

Post a Comment